Thread: Boat gas line

Boat gas line

My gas line has been kinking at the bulb. Cut it off today and notice it all shitty inside. I know it is less that 3 years old. Think maybe getting good automotive gas line would work better? Have a piece from the fuel pump to the filter to the carb. still looks good.
    BAD DAY OF FISHING AND SHOOTING IS A BETTER DAY THAN WORKING.

Quote Originally Posted by HOLEINTHEWATER View Post
    My gas line has been kinking at the bulb. Cut it off today and notice it all shitty inside. I know it is less that 3 years old. Think maybe getting good automotive gas line would work better? Have a piece from the fuel pump to the filter to the carb. still looks good.
    That's what I used to fix the exact same problem. No issues since. The automotive fuel line seems to be holding up just fine.
    "What the hell is a Wrinkleneck?" *Snoop Dogg*, 2016

those lines are lined inside and break down and flow down stream into filters and such. I second the automotive line. I did the same thing
    SEMPER FI

I would replace all of the gas lines. I had the gray lines and went to the black lines. The newer gas lines are more equipped to handle todays' fuels. I had the same issue with the with the gas line chaffing from the ethanol. If you haven't done so already, take a look at your gas filter. You may have few flecks in there. I use a product in my tank called Star Brite /Star Tron Enzyme fuel treatment. Stuff works pretty good.