Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: did anyone hunt archery this year yet? deer or elk

I just looked up blue rooster that looks pretty cool.

Tom the owner is a SUPER nice guy and avid bow hunter.

They have 2 miles of the Little Colorado running thru their property which gives the animals lots of places to hide and makes for some interesting shots.
    I shot a Revick goat with my bow pointed straight down. Kind of freaked me out, right before I cut the arrow loose I noticed it wasn't setting on the rest but just hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by Basman1313 View Post
    Tom the owner is a SUPER nice guy and avid bow hunter.

They have 2 miles of the Little Colorado running thru their property which gives the animals lots of places to hide and makes for some interesting shots.
    I shot a Revick goat with my bow pointed straight down. Kind of freaked me out, right before I cut the arrow loose I noticed it wasn't setting on the rest but just hanging.
    Damn. does sound like fun. I'll have to see if the kid wants to do that sometime when she comes back to town. shes going to start hunting on Base at pendalton. tags are 1st come 1st serve. she sees bucks alot on the runway where the helos are parked and the drive in and out of base going to work in the morning.

My son killed this cow in Sept in the multi-unit limited ops hunt.

Name:  B's cow 2020.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  93.4 KB

I killed one there also two Sundays ago (rifle).

I heard of a few guys getting them in those multi unit areas. one guy shot a pretty nice bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Delw View Post
    I heard of a few guys getting them in those multi unit areas. one guy shot a pretty nice bull.
    hmmmm.....

Opening weekend I glassed up about a dozen elk way up high. I made a stalk and when I got there they had moved down into the draw and joined the other 75 or so that were in it. It was very windy, I missed a long shot I shouldn't have taken and the elk came up out of the draw. There was a good bull along with numerous other smaller ones among them. 2 days later we were back at the same spot and saw some guys gutting a real nice bull, exactly where I missed the one two days earlier. We passed them in their truck later in the day and they had what I thought might be at least a 350 rack in the back.

HMMMM, Seen those pics somewhere else.
    "Treat everyone with Dignity and Respect, not because of who they are, But because of who you are."