Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Latest Closures for the Tonto NF

Arizona is still not testing people to any where near the extent they need to. So its probably going to get worse. Until you're testing you can't really do much but shut everything down.

The maddening part is that there are people who's only job is to handle shit like this and it has been an abysmal failure at all levels, state and federal. It really is amazing. $ 2 Trillion dollar f up and counting.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Until you're testing you can't really do much but shut everything down.
    What did someone find a magical Cure? why even bother to get tested there aint no cure. so what good is that going to do? or you can live your life like semi normal and if you get it you might get a cold or you might die.

the virus is serious but the media is making it a pandemic. as thats what sells.

They shut them down to keep the spring breakers from partying and to show you who has the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Delw View Post
    What did someone find a magical Cure? why even bother to get tested there aint no cure. so what good is that going to do? or you can live your life like semi normal and if you get it you might get a cold or you might die.

the virus is serious but the media is making it a pandemic. as thats what sells.
    Get tested so that you can treat it. When it came time for your prostate check, did you tell your doctor that there's no cure for cancer so why bother?

I did. I told him no more colonoscopies for me. If I get it I die so big deal. We all are going there some day.

Testing allows you to isolate only those with the virus and the rest of us can go back to work.

The issue is that hospitals do not have enough band width to treat everyone who will need treatment to have a chance to live with out slowing the spread. If left unchecked it will spread so fast that hospitals will become overwhelmed and people will die because there won't be enough doctors, nurses, beds and ventilators to go around. Its not just the old that will need hospitalization, young people end up in the hospital too, just at a much lower rate. So this isn't just protecting old people young people will die too if left unchecked.

One way to slow the spread (the American way apparently) is to lock down the economy and put the country on welfare. $2 Trillion and counting.

Another way is to test people and lock down only those with the virus and those in contact. As of 20 march arizona had tested fewer than 400 people in all of the state. On Monday private companies started testing and they are releasing the numbers, but apparently they still aren't able to test but the most severe cases.
    Last edited by James; Today at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Testing allows you to isolate only those with the virus and the rest of us can go back to work.

The issue is that hospitals do not have enough band width to treat everyone who will need treatment to have a chance to live with out slowing the spread. If left unchecked it will spread so fast that hospitals will become overwhelmed and people will die because there won't be enough doctors, nurses, beds and ventilators to go around. Its not just the old that will need hospitalization, young people end up in the hospital too, just at a much lower rate. So this isn't just protecting old people young people will die too if left unchecked.

One way to slow the spread (the American way apparently) is to lock down the economy and put the country on welfare. $2 Trillion and counting.

Another way is to test people and lock down only those with the virus and those in contact. As of 20 march arizona had tested fewer than 400 people in all of the state. On Monday private companies started testing and they are releasing the numbers, but apparently they still aren't able to test but the most severe cases.
    Also, I think I may have had it, but I don't know, because there were not tests available for people like me with minor symptoms. If I knew then maybe I could start work again.

Deleted
    Last edited by RYCO; Today at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    canyon and saguaro have been closed for 2 weeks.

I went to Canyon last Saturday (not yesterday, a week before yesterday) and it was open. I fished for a few hours and didnt get a bite. There were a lot of boats there. It wasnt closed last week.

Theres No treatment for it. aside from taking over the counter stuff. if you get really sick then you have no choice to goto the docs.

on the lock down stuff and going to work. if you stay home you may not get it. but everyone that runs to the grocery store stops to get gas, gets packages delivered etc etc can get it.
    I do agree the economy needs to be back up and running.

when they start 100% testing everyone I believe your going to see a 30%-40% infection rate. some people get sick some dont.