Thread: Mittry 2/29

Mittry 2/29

Caught me a 7.28 largemouth on a squarebill at Mittry Lake yesterday. Only fish I caught 😂 but atleast it was good.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice healthy looking fish! Thanks for sharing the pic!

Nice fish, dude! I'm heading down to Martinez for a few days on Thursday. I can't wait. I love fishing down there.

Dandy, Right On!

Quote Originally Posted by Basstomouth View Post
    Nice fish, dude! I'm heading down to Martinez for a few days on Thursday. I can't wait. I love fishing down there.
    Fishing is good on the river from the sounds of it. Some bed fish but still a lot of cruisers that are a little skittish. Most people I’ve talked to have done good flipping though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuma Outdoorsman View Post
    Fishing is good on the river from the sounds of it. Some bed fish but still a lot of cruisers that are a little skittish. Most people I’ve talked to have done good flipping though.
    We mostly stick to the Martinez Lake side and don't go out on the river much. I'm thinking that there might be some more bedding going on at the lake side since it's really shallow and typically a few degrees warmer. Last year, I was down there about this time and did pretty well. Got a 7 pounder on the first morning that the closed off side had opened up.

Quote Originally Posted by Basstomouth View Post
    We mostly stick to the Martinez Lake side and don't go out on the river much. I'm thinking that there might be some more bedding going on at the lake side since it's really shallow and typically a few degrees warmer. Last year, I was down there about this time and did pretty well. Got a 7 pounder on the first morning that the closed off side had opened up.

You gotta do some exploring. The side lakes up river are way better than Martinez. Guys are catching 20-25 fish a day flipping and throwing senkos in side lakes.

Nicely done. Great bass anywhere. Congrats