Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the largest all together deer herd you've seen in AZ

oh your way down south. good luck to you

This was about half of the herd, couldn't get them all in the picture but there were well over 40.

Name:  059.jpeg
Views: 119
Size:  71.4 KB

Never thought I would say this but to many damn deer, at least to many does.

Saw 4 huge groups. All had shooter bucks but to damn many eyes to try and get in on the bucks.

Will be different once the rut starts, just not sure I want to burn my 2020 tag in January.

May go back just for javalina. I saw multiple 50 lb plus boars.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger392 View Post
    This was about half of the herd, couldn't get them all in the picture but there were well over 40.

Name:  059.jpeg
Views: 119
Size:  71.4 KB
    That looks like a petting zoo Thats pretty wild.
    some good looking country I never been down there

That picture was taken in 17A.

The biggest herd of bucks i ever saw was south of bartlett lake deer hunting, sand stone. Crossed down by needle rock, and back pack over to meet friends back by granite mountain. Came over a ridge and bucks were running every where. There was at least 15 bucks that i saw. 1 of the only times i got buck fever. Only had 4 shells in my 721-06 and missed every time, i was shaking like crazy. Had to take my pack off to get more shells. The deer had no idea were i was, set my ass down and loaded a shell and dropped this one.
    Name:  LeroyDave%20Sandstone.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  99.0 KB
    BAD DAY OF FISHING AND SHOOTING IS A BETTER DAY THAN WORKING.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger392 View Post
    That picture was taken in 17A.
    sorry I thought bassman posted the pic. wasn't watching the screen names.

Quote Originally Posted by HOLEINTHEWATER View Post
    The biggest herd of bucks i ever saw was south of bartlett lake deer hunting, sand stone. Crossed down by needle rock, and back pack over to meet friends back by granite mountain. Came over a ridge and bucks were running every where. There was at least 15 bucks that i saw. 1 of the only times i got buck fever. Only had 4 shells in my 721-06 and missed every time, i was shaking like crazy. Had to take my pack off to get more shells. The deer had no idea were i was, set my ass down and loaded a shell and dropped this one.
    Name:  LeroyDave%20Sandstone.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  99.0 KB
    we used to hunt south of yellow cliffs back in the day. we would throw the 3 wheeler on the alum boat put across the lake and drive in the big wash, lots of deer up there. still is

Quote Originally Posted by delw View Post
    we used to hunt south of yellow cliffs back in the day. We would throw the 3 wheeler on the alum boat put across the lake and drive in the big wash, lots of deer up there. Still is
    we took one down yellow cliffs, in the middle of the night. Should i say we threw one down to my buddy waiting in my boat.
    BAD DAY OF FISHING AND SHOOTING IS A BETTER DAY THAN WORKING.