Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some pics from last weekend

Right on #good spot

Cool pics, that lion looks promising

Great pics. It was odd last weekend. We had 2 bulls by the cabin screaming at 4:00 a.m.....seems way to early.

I am leaving tomorrow morning to go up and archery hunt this weekend. Going to be a struggle. The forest is in great shape but the tanks are all dry.

Randy is it really hot up north still?
    I was thinking about heading out sat but just dont want to spend time in the heat. Thinking about the week after labor day

Good luck to you

Thank you sir, and yes it is still pretty dam warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Basman1313 View Post
    Great pics. It was odd last weekend. We had 2 bulls by the cabin screaming at 4:00 a.m.....seems way to early.
    Interesting. Monday I was out driving in Unit 10 scouting for antelope and at 2:00PM I came upon a small lake and there were about 50 elk mixed in with some moo cows (yeah I know, elk don't like to hang around moo cows, LOL). Among the herd were several smaller bulls and one just average 6x6. The 6x6 was pushing the smaller bulls around, and I watched him sniffing female butts and walking around with his nose stuck up in the air like he was checking the airwaves for signs of estrus.

And I agree, really hot and really dry out there. 3 weeks ago the tank these pics came from was dry. 2 weeks ago it had about a foot of water after a really heavy rain on that Monday. Saturday when I pulled the card it was rapidly drying and I bet it's dry by this weekend. I pulled the camera down and relocated it. I guess it didn't help that this large herd of elk has been hammering it every day or two. I got over 400 pics in a week.

Nice pics! thanks for sharing.
    AZCASTNBLAST (noun) (A-Z-cast-n-blast)
    Def: Somewhere between podunk and you got a purdy mouth

The bitch is finding them during the day....it was 90 when I got here.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Dandy forsure. Right on.