Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a Hoyt Vortec 4 sale.

I have a Hoyt Vortec 4 sale.

Asking $300. Comes with hard case, release, and sights. Right handed. Very solid bow. Great starter bow. Think its 70lbs draw. pics to follow.

pics.

hoyt
    Attached Images Attached Images  

sry shitty pic. its clean for its age.

200 obo. gtg. needs new string and rest.

I am in the market for a bow but am new to the whole scene. Would this be good for someone just starting out with no knowledge of what they are doing? I am taking a how-to class but it doesn't start for a few more weeks.

Dave? Rigo? Its AJ, Joe Cs brother. Yes it would be a great starter.

How much do new strings and rests go for?

idk. you'ed have to take to an archery shop and have your draw set anyway. then have your sticks cut.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJ View Post
    Dave? Rigo? Its AJ, Joe Cs brother. Yes it would be a great starter.
    Not dave has been doing archery for ever,he wouldnt buy a used Hoyte. not same guy

Quote Originally Posted by aznative View Post
    How much do new strings and rests go for?
    Strings figure 150-200 for a decent brand. must be done in a bow press, best to take to a shop. rest anywhere from 50-200 bucks. 140 gets you a decent drop down one, 50 gets you a whisker biscuit.
    if you buy a string and a rest they will generally set it up for you.
    all bows need o be set up for each individual person.

correction thats an older hoyte bow cable and strings should run about 100 bucks give or take.

He fag there should be a tag on the bow, that will tell you the weight and the drawn length. . get it for him so he knows if it will fit him or not.

about as helpful as tits on a boar hog. make it sound like older hoyts are a pos. thing was 1200 brand new.