Thread: Brain dead fat finger move on my part

Brain dead fat finger move on my part

When my credit card got hit for Bull elk this year I was shocked. I was drawn in 2017 for late rifle unit 27, then unit 1 archery last year.

I assumed it was either unit 9 archery (my first choice) or unit 1 archery (my second choice).

When I called it sounded like the recording was saying hunt number 3126 (unit 1 archery).

Turns out, I was drawn for unit 22 North late, late rifle (December 6th to the 12th).

This is hunt number 3026, not hunt number 3126.

Complete screwup on MY part.

I thought I could give this tag to my 20 year old son but if you gift your tag, it has to be to a minor of yours, 10 to 17.

I am going to donate my tag to a youth foundation for terminally ill kids.

I shot a 428 in Utah last year, a 371 in unit 27 two years ago and passed 47 different bulls in unit 1 last year. I have no interest in chasing broken horns with a rifle in December.

Long story short, check your applications closely, both paper and online. better yet, have your wife do it. If she screws it up, you can blame her. this one was ALL ON ME.

Well, now that you got your bragging done in this thread, you don't have to post for another 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Basman1313 View Post
    When my credit card got hit for Bull elk this year I was shocked. I was drawn in 2017 for late rifle unit 27, then unit 1 archery last year.

I assumed it was either unit 9 archery (my first choice) or unit 1 archery (my second choice).

When I called it sounded like the recording was saying hunt number 3126 (unit 1 archery).

Turns out, I was drawn for unit 22 North late, late rifle (December 6th to the 12th).

This is hunt number 3026, not hunt number 3126.

Complete screwup on MY part.

I thought I could give this tag to my 20 year old son but if you gift your tag, it has to be to a minor of yours, 10 to 17.

I am going to donate my tag to a youth foundation for terminally ill kids.

I shot a 428 in Utah last year, a 371 in unit 27 two years ago and passed 47 different bulls in unit 1 last year. I have no interest in chasing broken horns with a rifle in December.

Long story short, check your applications closely, both paper and online. better yet, have your wife do it. If she screws it up, you can blame her. this one was ALL ON ME.
    Take it your going back to texas again then huh? deer are funner to hunt than elk anyhow

I will be chasing white tail in October in Texas until I am too old to shoot a bow.
    My main goal this year is to put an arrow in that Grandaddy buck that's livin near my cabin. With no archery bull tag I will get the full archery deer season to try and get him killed.

He is still alive as of 4 weeks ago....
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Basman1313; 05-03-2019 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Basman1313 View Post
    He is still alive as of 4 weeks ago....
    Nice buck, good luck.

I'll be hunting by myself this year 1st time since we had kids in the early 90's. But I think Claudia gets out for opening day of quail season

Apparently I did the same thing, though I doubt it and wasted 16 points for a November muzzleloader hunt. Oh well//////////

Bummer on the elk tag...there are some great organizations you can donate the tag to including OE4A (Outdoor Experience For All)
    http://www.outdoorexperienceforall.org/ which takes wounded warriors and kids with threatening illnesses hunting. If interested, can contact Eddy Corona at (480) 529-8340....good luck!....Ladd