Thread: 3/9/2019 - Parker Strip

3/9/2019 - Parker Strip

Water Temp 58 Degrees

Caught more than 10 Small mouth. Out for about 6 hours, took me almost 3 to figure out the pattern and catch the first fish. Fish are schooled up so you'll likley catch more than one in a spot. Common to have 2-3 swimming wingman as you bring the fish to the boat for the first time. Had 4 other fish on that I lost, most were on for quite a while. Also caught one of the freakishly big sunfish. Best of the bunch below.

Name:  smallmouth - 1.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  1.91 MB

Nice !!!!
    "Treat everyone with Dignity and Respect, not because of who they are, But because of who you are."

That is one heck of a fishery. That fish almost looks healthy and ready to spawn. What was the weight?
    Those Redear sunfish are the best-eating fish that swims in my opinion.

Nice fish. The color on it is cool.

I don't have a reliable scale. Should probably pick one up. Was nearly 19", I had a skinnier one that went almost 22". Nothing ginormous. But was pretty steady action. Will probably head back out this weekend. See how this weather's changed things up. I enjoy it, the current keeps it interesting.

That’s awesome, I would love to fish Parker with someone who’s fished there before, I’ve never done it...I fished Havasu twice in the past 3 weeks and the fishing for me was pretty good, I’ll post my pics and report when I get a minute

@YELOSUB - Was my first time there. I grew up fishing tidal flats in FL, redfish. Current can be a bit to get used to if you aren't familiar. Took me a bit to relearn how fish relate to it. If you're interested shoot me a PM and i can give a few spots, although I think they'll be moving up to spawn soon.

Havasu's next on my list, am interested to see how you been doing there.

Quote Originally Posted by fishing8046 View Post
    That is one heck of a fishery. That fish almost looks healthy and ready to spawn. What was the weight?
    Those Redear sunfish are the best-eating fish that swims in my opinion.
    On your advice, on our second trip we did take a couple redear sunfish back to camp for dinner. They were tasty.

Just posted my most recent Havasu report, go check it out...I still have one to do from a Havasu trip 3 weeks ago...