Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 18B Access

  1. #1

    18B Access

    I picked up a General leftover tag for Javelina in 18B. I've never been up that way and was wondering what the access was like. Would a typical 4 wheel drive pickup work or is it mostly jeep trails and the like? I see the northern end is a crazy mix of public and private land but I have picked out a couple areas that look promising on the map however I'm not sure if I can even get to them with my vehicle. Figured I'd ask before I make the trip. Thanks for any help

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by aznative View Post
    I picked up a General leftover tag for Javelina in 18B. I've never been up that way and was wondering what the access was like. Would a typical 4 wheel drive pickup work or is it mostly jeep trails and the like? I see the northern end is a crazy mix of public and private land but I have picked out a couple areas that look promising on the map however I'm not sure if I can even get to them with my vehicle. Figured I'd ask before I make the trip. Thanks for any help
    Lots of access my stock hd goes up there no problem and its low.

    but when in doubt always check G&F website
    https://www.azgfd.com/hunting/units/kingman/18b/

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Roosevelt Resort-Queen Creek
    Posts
    786
    It sucks you can't go through the mine any more. We used to slay the pigs in burro creek off of bozarth mesa. Jerry Brimhals ranch.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Delw View Post
    Lots of access my stock hd goes up there no problem and its low.

    but when in doubt always check G&F website
    https://www.azgfd.com/hunting/units/kingman/18b/
    Thanks. I usually check out the game and fish website when I'm somewhere new but I figure every other guy is too so I try to go opposite of there. I have had a lot of success with other hunters in the area but I just don't like it. Kind of takes me out of that solitary feeling I like. It's good to know the roads aren't terrible though. I have a tacoma with a slight lift so should be ok.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt Mark View Post
    It sucks you can't go through the mine any more. We used to slay the pigs in burro creek off of bozarth mesa. Jerry Brimhals ranch.
    It's looks like you can still get over that way in a very roundabout way. I probably haven't been in that section of the state in 20+ years.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by aznative View Post
    Thanks. I usually check out the game and fish website when I'm somewhere new but I figure every other guy is too so I try to go opposite of there. I have had a lot of success with other hunters in the area but I just don't like it. Kind of takes me out of that solitary feeling I like. It's good to know the roads aren't terrible though. I have a tacoma with a slight lift so should be ok.



    It's looks like you can still get over that way in a very roundabout way. I probably haven't been in that section of the state in 20+ years.
    I use the G&F site for access info, not hunting info LOL

    I havent been up there this year we were headed that way for yotes and deer on jan 1st but ended up hunting alamo lake.
    Upper and lower trout creek is awsum roads there one road that looks pissy on upper trout creek road but its nice about 1 mile in. and goes way back into some cool country.
    another way theres a main road that comes from I-40 before seligman(west of seligamn) take that way south and it opens up some more area. its a log drive on that road though

  6. #6
    I thought those trout creek roads looked good. It'll be cool to see some different parts of the state. I was born and raised east valley so the eastern side of the state I know pretty well. I have HAM tags over in 22.

    I'm also helping a buddy out on a pig hunt down in 33. That looks like a pretty cool area as well. It'll be a fun February for sure.

    I appreciate all the help.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •