Thread: 2018 Desert Buck

2018 Desert Buck

Managed to shoot a decent 4x4 down in the desert on the final day of my hunt. Not much to the story. Was walking a finger wash and had him come out in front of me with another buck about 50 yards away. They got to 100 yards and slowed down to stop and look at me. Put one shot a bit back that dropped him and followed up with another to finish him off.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Yuma Outdoorsman; 11-23-2018 at 11:57 AM.

Right on! Dandy!

Sweet, hes really heavy.
    was that any of the ones you have on trailcams?

DelW, no this buck was about 12 miles north of where my trail camera was setup. They quit coming in after the hurricane dumped a bunch of water in the desert. One thing about hunting the desert is you gotta hunt them where they are, not where they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuma Outdoorsman View Post
    DelW, no this buck was about 12 miles north of where my trail camera was setup. They quit coming in after the hurricane dumped a bunch of water in the desert. One thing about hunting the desert is you gotta hunt them where they are, not where they were.
    all that water changed there movements that much?

I have 2 bucks I would like to see this year, just been to damn busy to get out. Claudia will probably start scouting in the next few weeks for them on her days off.