Thread: Roosevelt Duck Hunt

Roosevelt Duck Hunt

Heading up to Roosevelt this weekend to try and bag some ducks. Anyone been up there this season? Any birds? Also, I was reading on the game and fish website there are new regulations with Rosy, however the link they provide doesn't work. Anyone have any idea what the new restrictions are?

I'm sure Fishless knows the scoop hes a big duckhunter

need to be aware of the waterfowl closure areas that starts Nov. 15 and goes till February 15. The one thing they changed a few years ago was you don't have to wait to hunt geese till Nov. 15th you can hunt them at the start of the season, all 3 that arrive before thanksgiving. closure map link is below

(where did you read on the website about new regs?) everything shoule be in the printed water fowl regs that have been out for several weeks now)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/azgfd-porta...sure%20map.pdf
    Last edited by Fishless; 11-02-2018 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishless View Post
    need to be aware of the waterfowl closure areas that starts Nov. 15 and goes till February 15. The one thing they changed a few years ago was you don't have to wait to hunt geese till Nov. 15th you can hunt them at the start of the season, all 3 that arrive before thanksgiving. closure map link is below

(where did you read on the website about new regs?) everything shoule be in the printed water fowl regs that have been out for several weeks now)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/azgfd-porta...sure%20map.pdf
    Thanks for the info, fishless. I did read the dates of the restrictions, and had a copy of the hunting regs the day they came out (do every year), I just didn't see anything in the waterfowl regulations regarding a Roosevelt restriction map, as it was references in the general hunting regs. Thanks for pointing out where to find it though.

No birds flying. Looked like a bunch of coots, a couple of cormorants, and a few high flocks which I couldn't tell what they were. We did hear a duck calling at night, but didn't ever see it.

best way to hunt ducks at any of the big lakes in AZ is is to grab a bag of Doritos or cheese puffs open the bag and shake them into the water. then sit and wait you will be inundated with them.

Dad was always saying how duck hunting wasnt good in AZ so I took him to lake pleasant to fish and do some duck hunting. birds were kinda slow flying so I grabbed a big bag of chips and spilled them into the water. I was laughing so hard I couldnt shoot, meanwhile dad was chewing my ass cause he didnt think is was funny. oh the good old days. but it worked. we had a ton of fat mallards right at the boat. we went and did some pond jumping the next weekend out at the whitetanks. I left had some things to do dad stayed and shot 2 banded wood ducks go figure. the next week he got another one with no band

Hahahaha... I wish I would have the cajones to do that without fear of my license beign revoked for several years.

I would love to get a banded duck, let alone a wood duck. It's been tough sledding the past couple of years. I've scouted, scouted, and scouted again. We had a spot out at the Salt River that used to yield some decent ducks, but every time I go out there some jackass thinks they own the river or is doing something to screw it all up.