Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dove

I’ve been going out from my house. This is the 3rd yr and the slowest. Not that its ever been that great. Never gotten a limit in one sitting but like it because I can throw my shotgun in my ranger and drive 10 mins. Got 11 yesterday. I’m out n/w Peoria/ surprise

I drove over there on Friday and hunted with my buddy Ian somewhere out by Queen Creek. Not sure exactly where. Ian made me wear a blindfold and the only road sign I could see was Pecos Rd.
    Hunting for us was out standing (to bad I suck at hitting them little basturds) and there were more birds than we could shoot at. I ended up with 12 on Saturday morning ( Ian ended up with about the same but a LOT less shots) and another 12 on Sunday morning as well, but it really died off around 8:30 to 9:00. I think Ian and his boy had around 20+ on Sunday too
    That was the 1st time I had seen one of those "ring-neck" dove and those things are giant compared to the whitewing we were shooting. We had a bunch of fun and I'm planning on coming back again next year. If I can figure out where the hell we were, I'll post up the location but I wouldn't hold your breath. I haven't dove hunted in AZ in over 11 years and man does that place look different. Houses going up everywhere you look

Anyone had any better luck in th elater season? Took my boy out with me this last weekend and saw a couple good flocks of dove. Shot at one, but missed him. Ordered a couple of mojos with a gift card I had. Hopefully that will bring some in and I won;t have to chase them around the desert.

Shit I still havent been out, everytime I try I end up at work

Join the rest of us Del, make plans and the phone rings and its a customer that wants something, back to work.
    "Treat everyone with Dignity and Respect, not because of who they are, But because of who you are."