Thread: Lake Powell needs fishermen!

Lake Powell needs fishermen!

I've been to Powell 4 times over the last month and the fishing has been very impressive, especially for larger sized smallmouth with the average being 14" for me this year. It may not sound like much but it's definitely a step up from the usual size. Wayne Gustaveson that runs the fishery has asked for the fishermen's help, in practicing catch and KEEP to help balance out the food chain. You can keep ALL of the Stripers and Walleye you want and 20 is the daily Smallmouth limit so load up on those too. I don't like the taste of fish myself so help a guy out and maximize your take home numbers!

Water temps in the high 60's+ has everything pretty shallow and active. Top water has been tearing it up as has small plastics like dbl tail lead head jigs, Ned Rigs, Drop Shot, etc. Trolling your favorite crankbait will produce bass and stripers and an occasional walleye almost anywhere on the lake.

Miss going there, the holeinthewater and crew is down except for me. I may have to take the tracker. Miss those 50 to 100 fish days. I've had 80 fish top water there.
    BAD DAY OF FISHING AND SHOOTING IS A BETTER DAY THAN WORKING.

Jim and i are going up sunday and monday.
    BAD DAY OF FISHING AND SHOOTING IS A BETTER DAY THAN WORKING.