Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New pellet gun

Quote Originally Posted by basstrix View Post
    Sounds pretty good. Does the suppressor keep the noise down? I'm looking into the Gamo Whisper line of guns...heard anything good/bad about those?
    Brian
    I have a gamo from about 6 years ago. you want to try it out I can get it to you, April or I are usually in tempe (broadway and i-10)once every other day if not every day we could hook up if you want to borrow it for a few days. I am heading down there in 20 mins but today is not a good day though. I know I am going friday and possibly tomorrow as well.

Only thing with one with a spring is you can't keep it cocked for a long time. That's is how i ruined my gammo shadow. This one has a gas spring. After my problems i did a lot of research. Watched a bunch of video's . One of the one's i watched that did gun evaluations said 1 in 3 gamo's shoot decent. Every pellet gun likes different brand, weight pellets. I never took head shoots with my previous guns. I just hit a rabbit at 30 yds. Right in the head. Another one at 40yds, move when i shot right threw the shoulder. The squirrels are not out right know, when the wind blows they don't come out that much.
    BAD DAY OF FISHING AND SHOOTING IS A BETTER DAY THAN WORKING.

Quote Originally Posted by basstrix View Post
    Sounds pretty good. Does the suppressor keep the noise down? I'm looking into the Gamo Whisper line of guns...heard anything good/bad about those?
    One of the pellet rifles I have is a Gamo Whisper. If that's what you want, don't buy it I'll just give you mine

Quote Originally Posted by Delw View Post
    Brian
    I have a gamo from about 6 years ago. you want to try it out I can get it to you, April or I are usually in tempe (broadway and i-10)once every other day if not every day we could hook up if you want to borrow it for a few days. I am heading down there in 20 mins but today is not a good day though. I know I am going friday and possibly tomorrow as well.
    THanks Delw, I'll get in touch with you if I decide to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Basman1313 View Post
    One of the pellet rifles I have is a Gamo Whisper. If that's what you want, don't buy it I'll just give you mine
    Appreciate the generosity and may just take you up on it. I'll shoot you a PM and go from there.

Eric, I am thinking about going up into humbug, that has been my largest and most stripers for the year. Then going after Flat heads when we go to sleep.
    If its hard to do, You are probably doing it wroing!

PCP's are cool. The initial cost is a bit hard to swallow, but once you find what you really need it all works out. I sent my Sumatra out for a tune, she's pushing a .25 cal 53 grain slug @ 110 foot pounds and a solid shot string of 18 before it drops off. Slugs are $50.00 for a box of 500 with free shipping, 4500 psi compressor and a big 4500 psi tank make for cheap shooting. She drops yotes out to 200 yards with ease, with the rattlers out now it keeps me out of the fields.

Quote Originally Posted by scott s. View Post
    pcp's are cool. The initial cost is a bit hard to swallow, but once you find what you really need it all works out. I sent my sumatra out for a tune, she's pushing a .25 cal 53 grain slug @ 110 foot pounds and a solid shot string of 18 before it drops off. Slugs are $50.00 for a box of 500 with free shipping, 4500 psi compressor and a big 4500 psi tank make for cheap shooting. She drops yotes out to 200 yards with ease, with the rattlers out now it keeps me out of the fields.
    i may eventually go to a pcp. You can put more money a pcp than a powder burner. Then the shooting is cheaper. They even make shot guns in pcp's.
    BAD DAY OF FISHING AND SHOOTING IS A BETTER DAY THAN WORKING.

Quote Originally Posted by HOLEINTHEWATER View Post
    i may eventually go to a pcp. You can put more money a pcp than a powder burner. Then the shooting is cheaper. They even make shot guns in pcp's.
    You bet, shot gun 50. Cal and shoots arrows. And they brought out a side by side shot gun. 2K for an FX, that shoots 100 pellets before it needs to be refiled.