Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free chevy 8 lug rims

Basstrix...I do not know your specific application but you may be able to use your stock wheel. Find a tire that is within a 1/4 to a 1/2 inch of your tire on your truck. When changing spare tire sizes check to make sure it will fit in the stock rack sometimes a different one will not.
    "If it got any better I couldn't stand it"

Quote Originally Posted by basstrix View Post
    Yeah, I need to just pony up and buy an 8" wheel.

I was on my way to Roosy one morning and one of those POS Michelins separate a few miles out of Superior...it was a rear tire and since my axle has a locker in it, I had to put the spare on the front, then take the good front tire and replace the separated one in back....what a PIA! My spare is a 275...but still enough to smoke the locker...in my opinion, anyway.
    that sucks. I wouldnt run the different sizes on the back end due to the locker. but I definately wouldnt run different sizes on the front end thats would be some scarely shit. another reason I needed to get a spare..
    Granted I havent had a flat tire in a ton of years just the one blow out on the frot michelins driving down the freeway at 65

Quote Originally Posted by UserName View Post
    Basstrix...I do not know your specific application but you may be able to use your stock wheel. Find a tire that is within a 1/4 to a 1/2 inch of your tire on your truck. When changing spare tire sizes check to make sure it will fit in the stock rack sometimes a different one will not.
    275s are stretching it with stock rims. 285s wouldnt be close to good. due to weight alone of the duramax.. the difference between a 275 and a 285 doesnt seem like much but once you see them next to each other on rims theres a huge difference.

If all he wants is a spare any size mounted E rated tire should work as long as it is within a 1/4 to a 1/2 inch in height of his current tires on the truck. It may look like hell or whatever but it sure would beat moving tires around.
    Last edited by UserName; 04-20-2018 at 03:34 PM.
    "If it got any better I couldn't stand it"