Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got a new gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunko! View Post
    Nicest production pistol I've ever shot. Gotta have something to defend myself against 100 lb catfish.
    in 1911 styles the 38 supers were the nicest smoothest I have ever shot. had a colt series 70s in 9mm didnt like it one bit. had the same in the 45 and loved it for some reason it shoot much smoother than the 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Delw View Post
    in 1911 styles the 38 supers were the nicest smoothest I have ever shot. had a colt series 70s in 9mm didnt like it one bit. had the same in the 45 and loved it for some reason it shoot much smoother than the 9mm.
    Who doesn't want a magnum 1911?

I should probably shoot one

I was shopping 1911's and ended up getting this one...had a 10mm on my list anyway...ammo is much more expensive compared to a .45, but ballistics on the 10 are really good for an auto. I had a chance to send some lead downrange and love the feel and how this thing shoots....downside is the lefty safety didn't work quite right and had to send it back for repair....repair was fast and relatively trouble free and now the lefty safety works as it should. This is my first 1911 and I love how this thing feels in my hand. Recoil is comparable but less than that of my dan Wesson 6" heavy vent 357. I also compared to my DW 44 mag, 6" HV, but it's scoped and has less recoil than either the 357 or the 10.