Thread: Enfield 303 ?

Enfield 303 ?

I have an Enfield .303 rifle that I am trying to figure out the value to possibly sell,from what I have read these kick like a mule and my shoulder has issues already. I have done some research but hoping someone on here has some knowledge of these.I can send pics via email rollercoaster11@cox.net.

Left side receiver has...
    No.5 MK1 (F)
    3/47 Z 6937
    also has England on left side in small letters

was made in Fazakerley 3/47 from what I can tell and has the rear sights up to 800m with a hollow bolt but does not have knox barrel. stock numbers match receiver.

$50.00

my best friend in highschool had one thats all he hunted with. he was around 6'4" maybe weighed 160 it didnt bother him to shoot and he killed many elk/deer with it..
    worth about 100-150 bucks in shootable condition with good bore and chamber if its mint condition maybe 300-400.
    if it needs work $25 take marks offer

I appreciate the info would say its in very good to excellent condition compared to most I have seen,however unsure of the bore but it has no rust I can see. I might as well make a wall hanger of it for $50 the cheapest on GunBroker is $250 for the same year,thx again for the replies.

Rust has nothing to do with the condition of the bore.
    only way to tell if the bore is any good is to run a bore scope through it and have both ends plugged.

The only way I've ever done it is plug the breech side and pour molten lead down the barrel end. Wait for the lead to cool and then pull out the lead cast and inspect it for imperfections. This will especially show throat erosion so common on wwII era battle rifles made toward the end of the war with softer metal and imperfect tolerances.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunko! View Post
    The only way I've ever done it is plug the breech side and pour molten lead down the barrel end. Wait for the lead to cool and then pull out the lead cast and inspect it for imperfections. This will especially show throat erosion so common on wwII era battle rifles made toward the end of the war with softer metal and imperfect tolerances.
    +1, had a buddy show me this, it's easy and simple, just used my lead pot for weights

that's a great idea but I have a friend that is going to bring his scope and check it out. I now my father fired this jungle carbine about 20 years ago so we shall see.