Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dove

Dove

I know everyone grills frys crock pot doves

has anyone ever smoked a batch ?

yes sir. brine in saltwater for 24 hours. drain and rinse. wrap in bacon, throw them on the smoker until the bacon is fully rendered of fat. I take game birds to 190 degrees just to be safe. They also make a mighty fine foie gras if you have the inclination.
    "What the hell is a Wrinkleneck?" *Snoop Dogg*, 2016

Only thing I'll add, I cook them to about medium rare....dove don't have salmonella....

I've been eating medium rare dove my whole life

FLHX dude try it out, you'll be fine, you won't get sick

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin J View Post
    Only thing I'll add, I cook them to about medium rare....dove don't have salmonella....

I've been eating medium rare dove my whole life

FLHX dude try it out, you'll be fine, you won't get sick
    Same here. Don't turn them into dove jerky.

thanks franklin, I'll definitely try not cooking them so hard. it's just what I do from watching my old man cook them birds.
    "What the hell is a Wrinkleneck?" *Snoop Dogg*, 2016

de-bone and put in a crockpot with a can of cream of mushroom soup for a few hours
    then pour over white rice

y debone before crockpot -done that for a lot of yrs try cream asparagus though --if I debone they will be stir fryed with teriyaki sauce and all the vegggys

I cook my dove to an internal temp of 700 degrees.

Dad always cooked them (deboned) in spaghetti sauce in the crock post. I hate dove love pheasant and quail though.

The salt brine for 24 hours or just over night in the refer is just to drawn the Blood and Nasty shit out of the meat where the holes went in. my opinion its a must. I have been doing it that way for ever

Dove and dumplings in the crock pot pretty good