Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muley, Coues or hybrid?

Muley, Coues or hybrid?

This buck was in the front yard of my cabin up north. The ears say mule deer. The ring around the nose and the shape of the horns say Coues.

What do you guys think?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I would guess Muley. Cool character.

Thats interesting. Going to say immature muley.
    last year during archery season we seen a ton of bucks like this still growing but about 1 month behind. we only saw it on the east side (were it rained the most) of unit (by sycamore canyon) on the west north and south sides they were normal. also in sept we saw fawns a few days old . Guy at G&F said they had a bunch in your area and north of you that had fawns 1-3 days old in early sept as well.

I am trying to get up to unit 8 in the next week or 2 to do some looking around.
    I am curious if it has to do with the rainfall we been getting up north that may slow them down. it didnt effect the elk last year but them damn deer were funky looking some of the bucks just had big globs on there head in early sept and late aug.

Delw

Del,

I have seen a total of five bucks that look like this one, but the other four don't have the ring around the nose and are wider. I've seen another five that are much more grown out and worth putting a arrow in. There was a monster buck that I saw last year about a week after the season ended and I attached a picture of him. I am pretty sure I saw him Sunday late morning and he has gotten significantly bigger. Unfortunately I had my phone in the glove box of my side by side and could not get it out fast enough to take a picture of him before he ran off. Needless to say he is going to be my focus in 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Basman1313 View Post
    Del,

I have seen a total of five bucks that look like this one, but the other four don't have the ring around the nose and are wider. I've seen another five that are much more grown out and worth putting a arrow in. There was a monster buck that I saw last year about a week after the season ended and I attached a picture of him. I am pretty sure I saw him Sunday late morning and he has gotten significantly bigger. Unfortunately I had my phone in the glove box of my side by side and could not get it out fast enough to take a picture of him before he ran off. Needless to say he is going to be my focus in 3 weeks.
    If I get time tonight I will check out some of the pics we took last year of the immature bucks that were just plain weird looking. and see if they had rings

That one from last year I remember he is a beast. that would be cool to get him this year wouldn't it be.

Maybe he likes Ice cream? sit in the SxS eating an ice cream cone and see if he pops out.
    I can wait for this year archery deer. Claudia working and school shes going to use the time off for elk mainly. so i will probably sneak out a few days a week for deer myself, just dont tell her.

heres one of a doe in that area with the the late non developed muleys
    Name:  IMG_5961a.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  158.0 KB

looks coues to me.... are you in 21...lots of hybrid turds in there

Looks coues tk me too. Especially the tail

I have multiple game cameras out but have not check them in a while. These are the Bucks that have been in my yard so far in the last week and a half.

Same bucks except for the larger one on a tank down the road.